CPVC has sililar, but generally better, chemical resistance and
physical properties than PVC. Joining methods are by solvent
cementing threading or flanging. CPVC has been used successfully
for process piping, for hot corrosive liquids, and in hot and cold
water distribution. Pressure ratings given are for solvent-cemented
systems. When adding valves, flange or other components, the system
must be derated to the rating of the lowest component: Threaded
ratings are 50% of solvent-cement systems; Flange fittings are 150
Psi. See maufacture's recommendations for other fitting and
· Handles temperatures up to 210° F.
· Not affected by soil in byried appplications; Requires
Water-based latex paint for outdoor, sunlight-exposed
· Low thermal conductivity.
· Self-extinguishing; Will not sustain combustion.
· Material conforms to ASTM F441, Type, Grade 1.
· Standard length: 4 meter; Medium gray in color.
· Economical to install and maintain.
· Schedule 80 can be threaded.